In order to use all the applications in the Aftersales Online System (AOS), the following technical prerequisites must be met (as of: 17.08.2017).
1. Network/internet connection
- Internet access with a download bandwidth of at least 4 MBit/s and an upload bandwidth of at least 400 KBit/s is required.
- For carrying out vehicle diagnoses, the relevant workshop systems must be connected by a LAN cable with a bandwidth of at least 100 MBit/s.
- For programming, a LAN cable with a bandwidth of at least 100 MBit/s is required per programming session.
- For optimum performance, a maximum latency of 100 ms to the AOS server in Munich is recommended.
- It must be ensured that the IP address does not change during the session.
A device that meets the following prerequisites is needed for installing and using the BMW Service Tools:
- The processor is at least a dualcore processor with 2.2 GHz.
- At least 4 GByte of main memory
- At least 250 GByte of free hard drive space on drive C:
- A display screen resolution of at least 1280x1024
- At least USB 2.0
For in-vehicle diagnosis and programming you will need one of the following Vehicle Communication Interfaces (VCI):
- ICOM Next (recommended by BMW)
- A local area network connection is required to connect the ICOM to the computer.
- Pass-through tool (PTT), which must be compatible with SAE J2534 (e.g. from the manufacturers Drew Technologies, I+ME ACTIA)
- Connection of the PTT may require a free USB interface and the appropriate driver. See the manufacturer's specifications.
- PTTs should not be activated via Bluetooth.
3. Operating system & runtime environments
In order to use the Aftersales Online System (AOS), you require one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise © (64-bit) with Service Pack 1 or
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise © (64-bit).
In addition to the operating system, the following runtime environments must be installed before you can use the applications:
JAVA©- The following requirements must be met:
- Java© 32-bit with runtime environment JRE 7 or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework from version 4.7 onwards.
The Internet Explorer © 11 browser is required.
Note that on systems with Microsoft Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise © (64-bit), the Internet Explorer © 11 browser must be installed as a retrofit.
5. Installation and configuration settings
Please see the user guide for additional information, such as the additional software required and the configuration settings in the operating system or browser. Once registration is completed, you can find the user guide under Service -> Downloads, or directly on the information pages of the relevant applications.