In order to use all the applications in the Aftersales Online System (AOS), the following technical prerequisites must be met (as of: 13/05/2020).
1. Network/Internet connection
- Internet access with a download bandwidth of at least 4 MBit/s and an upload bandwidth of at least 400 kBit/s is required.
- In order to carry out vehicle diagnosis, the relevant workshop systems must be connected via a LAN cable with a bandwidth of at least 100 MBit/s.
- Vehicle programming requires a LAN cable with a bandwidth of at least 100 MBit/s per programming session.
- For optimal use, a maximum latency of 100nbsp;ms to the AOS server in Munich is recommended.
- It must be ensured that the IP address does not change during the session.
To install and use the BMW service tools, a device with the following prerequisites is required:
- At least a processor with the following specifications:
- Processor with 2 cores and at least 2.1 GHz clock frequency.
- Processor with 4 cores and at least 1.8 GHz clock frequency or
- Processor with 8 or more cores and at least 1.5 GHz clock frequency
- At least 4 GByte of main memory
- At least 250 GByte of free hard disk space on drive C:
- A display screen resolution of at least 1280x1024
- At least USB 2.0
To diagnose and program at the vehicle, you need one of the following Vehicle Communication Interfaces (VCI):
- ICOM Next (recommended by BMW)
- A LAN cable is required to connect the ICOM to the PC.
- Pass-through tool (PTT), which must be compatible with SAE-J2534 (e.g. Drew Technologies, I + ME ACTIA)
- Depending on the manufacturer's specification, a free USB port and the corresponding driver are required to connect the PTT.
- PTTs must not be controlled via Bluetooth.
3. Operating system, runtime environments & port forwardings
To use the Aftersales Online System (AOS), you need one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional / Enterprise © (64-bit).
In addition to the operating system, the following runtime environments must be installed to use the applications:
JAVA© - The following requirements must be met:
- Java© 32-bit with runtime environment JRE 7 or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework from version 4.7.2
The ports of the Ports list may have to be manually forwarded.
In order to use the Aftersales Online System (AOS), you require the Google Chrome browser in its latest version. Exception: For the application ISTA/P, the Internet Explorer © 11 browser with Java plugin is required.
Note that on systems with Microsoft Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise © (64-bit), the Internet Explorer © 11 browser must be reinstalled.
5. Installation and configuration settings
Please see the user guide for additional information, such as the additional software required and the configuration settings in the operating system or browser. Once registration is completed, you can find the user guide under Service -> Downloads, or directly on the information pages of the relevant applications.